Monday, February 15, 2016

Chocolate Bar Valentine Box




For Valentine’s this year, my ten year old son wanted his school box to be something cool, but not too “babyish” as he put it.  He's addicted to chocolate bars, so the choice was easy.

 

This was so easy to make.  It took minimal effort, and was done in no time.

First, I spray painted the entire box brown.



Then once it was dry, I cut a large enough hole in the top so his hand could fit through to grab out the Valentines.

Next, I used some spare cardboard and cut out pieces to make the chocolate squares.

 

I painted them a brown color that was slightly darker than the box, so they would stand out. 

**Don’t forget to paint the sides of the pieces.**

I then took my hot glue gun, and glued the pieces symmetrically to the front. 



For the wrapper, we used a long strip of tin foil and wrapped it around the bottom.  To look like the candy bar wrapper was peeled back, we rolled the top over and strategically crinkled it in different places.    

To make it somewhat more secure, I hot glued the foil in random spots, so I knew the design would hold.

That’s it!  We then had a delicious looking Valentine box.  What could be more perfect then putting Valentines into chocolate, the staple dessert for this holiday?



This was so fun to make, and it was great to see my son enjoying it so much.

Who knows what next year will bring?

Until next time…

Happy DIY-ing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment