Friday, February 5, 2016

A.M. Coffee Shake



All you need is LOVE, and a good cup of coffee…  Well, that’s what my new t-shirt says at least.
 

I whole heartedly agree! However, I’m not your traditional coffee drinker.  No, no, no…


A while back, I went on one of those shake diets.  I had a shake for breakfast, a sensible lunch, then another shake for dinner.  Eventually, I got tired of never eating with my family, and slowly backed away from my blender.

Except I had stumbled upon something great!  Something that was good for me.  Something that gave me that much needed jolt in the morning.  Something that has become a “must have” for me every morning.

My A.M. Coffee Shake


Items needed:
2 cups Kale
1 Banana
Around 20 Frozen Blueberries
1 cup Ice
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
¾ cup Almond Milk
1 (slightly heaping) Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Instant Coffee



First you add the kale, banana, blueberries, and then ice. 

Add the peanut butter on top of the ice.


**Do you hate how peanut butter will slide to the side of the blender and stick there while everything else gets mixed?  So do I!   Putting it on top of the ice stops that from happening.** 

Next, pour in the almond milk.


Put on the lid, and start up the blender.  Slowly at first, then increase the speed. 

When you have everything mixing at a steady pace, carefully take the lid off.  While the blender is still going, add in the cocoa powder.  Here you will see it change from an ugly muted green into a yummy chocolate color.


Finally, it’s time to add the most needed ingredient in this A.M. shake.  The coffee…  While you have the lid off and the blender still going, add the coffee. 


Let the blender do it’s magic for another minute to make sure everything is well “blended.”

Pour into a cup, and enjoy! I know I do!


Tell me what you think about this idea.  Is it clever thinking or completely wrong (as my husband would say) to do this with the lovely caffeinated beverage, coffee?

Do you know of any other ways I could get in my morning coffee?

Comment below!

Until next time…

Happy DIY-ing!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to post more updates! I'm trying to make this shake this morning. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete