Friday, May 27, 2016

Charcoal Peel-Off Face Mask



Just recently we had a weekend that was filled with soccer games.  I LOVE to watch my kids play! I love the excitement and intensity of it all. 


However… A person’s face really takes a beating in the sun, wind, and numerous other elements.  When we got home on Sunday, after two days of games, my face felt horrendous.  It was gritty, rubbery, and just made me feel dirty. 

I remember researching peel off masks, and figured it was the perfect time to try one. 

It's time to get up-close and personal...



This mask was so simple to make, and only 4 things were needed.

2 oz. Elmers Glue (Yes, the same stuff you used in elementary school and would rub all over your hands… Ok, well I did that anyway.)
4 Activated Charcoal Capsules
A brush, and a bowl




**Why use charcoal?  I thought it was just to give it the black color, and you could better see what was pulled off.  I was so wrong!  Activated charcoal is used to draw out toxins in your body.  It can “adsorb” thousands of times its own weight of harmful substances. The toxin binds to the charcoal, and when the mask is peeled off, so are the toxins from your face. Click here for more facts about activated charcoal.**

First things first, pour your glue into the bowl.  I used a disposable bowl which made clean-up easier.

Pull apart the capsules and dump the charcoal into the glue.  This was a little harder than expected.  You would think that they would just pull apart.  No such luck! They broke, one slipped out of my fingers and landed in the glue, and it got a little messy.

              

Ok, a lot messy!


Use the brush and mix it all together.  You want the glue to be at a watery consistency to where it “slimes” off the brush.


Take off all makeup and prep your face.  Wet a rag with warm water and drape it over your face.  This is to open the pores and make it easier for the mask to reach everything.

Yep, that's me under there...

Time to do a little artwork! Take your brush and just start painting your face.  Be sure to avoid all hair!
                                                                                                                                                  


I was only going to put it on my problem areas, but when I was working, I realized that my problem areas were most of my face.  So I just covered it all!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
**Careful for drips.  It stains.**


Let it dry.  This took around 30 minutes. 


One little spot on my cheek still was a little tacky after the 30 minutes, but I have a special tool for this…


Yep, a minute using my trusty hair dryer, and the mask was completely dry.  It had a matte look to it, and my face was stuck in place.


Starting from the bottom, slowly peel it up and off your face.


I had heard many people say how painful it was.  Not to me.  It was like any other peel off mask.  That was until I got to my eyebrows.  I got too close with my mask and covered some hair.  Let’s just say that I got a facial and my eyebrows shaped, all in one swoop.

It was great though.  I’ve never had a mask come off mostly in one piece before.  It left a few pieces here and there, but nothing a wet rag couldn’t handle.


There, it was done, and I had survived the DIY Charcoal Mask.  It was time to inspect the results.

I looked down at the mask, expecting to see all these white little pieces that were pulled from my pores.  There were none!  That was a little disappointing because I know that they’re there. 

However…. And this is a big HOWEVER!

My face felt amazing! It was smooth, it no longer felt gritty or rubbery. The bottom of my cheeks did turn red.  I'm assuming it was from the peach fuzz hair that was once there.  Not a problem.  I used a good moisturizer, and within the hour it was better. 


I know it’s hard to tell the difference between the before and after pictures, but there was a definite change in the feel. 


It gave me a whole new sense of energy, and it was just what I needed after the full soccer weekend. I definitely see myself doing this again; mess or no mess…

Have you ever used activated charcoal for anything?

What is your favorite peel off mask?

Comment below to let me know!

If you enjoyed this, take a look at how I used activated charcoal to whiten my teeth!

Until next time…

Happy DIY-ing!!

7 comments:

  1. I use activated charcoal to whiten my teeth. I find there is a significant difference. I did ask my dental hygienist if she had heard anything bad about using it to clean your teeth but she had never heard of anyone using it to clean their teeth. Just be careful not to breathe in while beginning to brush. You'll choke on the powder.

    Just a note, my teeth barely needed cleaning at my 6 month appointment and I probably only used the activated charcoal 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that, but I was a little hesitant to try. The idea of rubbing black powder over my teeth makes me nervous. Of course, I've never heard about it first hand from anyone. Maybe I'll try it out. Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  2. Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Goji Cream Price in Pakistan www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here


    Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. .Wow! Thanks for sharing! I’ve been searching for others routine where I can get ideas and this one is the best.
    Well done!
    Now you can easily remove blackheads using blackhead remover mask !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, That’s really nice of you that you shared this your skincare routine.
    From now onward I will definitely follow all these steps and
    just hope one day I will look (at least a bit) like you.
    blackhead remover mask is for healthy and glowing skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid, we combine charcoal powder with plantain peels and we use it to brush and it gives us a shiny white teeth and remove every odour from our mouth. It really helped us. Charcoal is very good for teeth whitening without any side effects.

    ReplyDelete