Friday, April 22, 2016

Recycled Birdfeeder for Earth Day




This Earth Day...

 

That’s what I did. 

I used the last of my applesauce when I made the Double Chocolate Banana Minis, and was about to throw away the container when I saw the potential.  


What could be better than recycling trash, and doing something with it to help nature’s animals? A bird feeder…


I made sure to wash it out really well and remove the labels. 

I cut out the large opening for the birds, and also the smaller hole for the perch.



Trying to stick with my love for Earth, I went outside and found a broken off twig lying on the ground, and used it for the bird perch.

It was time to break out the hot glue gun. 

I glued everything in place, and even used the large plastic piece I cut out for the opening as an awning.



Collecting a few things from past projects, I got started on decorating, gluing things here and there.  I even kept the lid intact for future use.



To make the hanger, I punched holes in the sides, slid my hemp rope through them, and tied knots to secure the string inside.  I also covered the knots in hot glue for extra stability.

 

When everything was in place, it was a little front heavy, so I glued a couple rocks toward the back on the inside.



In no time at all I had a new birdfeeder that was made from something that was moments away from going in the trash. All it was missing was the seed.



Happy Earth Day, everyone!



What did you do this year to take care of our planet?

There are so many things that can be done, and not just one day out of the year.

Plant something.

Pick up trash.

Recycle.

Make a compost.

And so much more!
Until next time…

Happy DIY-ing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment