Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Greeky Fruit Salad





If you’re looking for a quick and easy side to any main dish, or a great snack to serve the family, I have just the thing for you.

I stumbled across this recipe by “lemon tree dwelling” one day, and it quickly became a family favorite.  However, “Ambrosia” was a little hard for the kiddos to remember, so they thought it was funny to rename it Greeky Fruit Salad.

It’s so easy to make! Trust me on this… If I can make this without messing up, so can you.

What you need:

1 cup Greek yogurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp no calorie sweetener
2 cups green grapes
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 (20 oz.) can of pineapple chunks (drained)
1 (15 oz.) can of mandarin oranges (drained)

**I know it seems like a lot of ingredients for something so easy, but it’s worth it.  I’ve even thought that cherries would make a great addition as well.**

In one bowl, combine all 5 fruits, and carefully mix together.  **Don’t forget to drain the cans.**


In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, vanilla, and no calorie sweetener. 

**I am a big advocate for working with what you have available, and as you can see, I only had tiny packets to sweeten a beverage.  No biggie, I used them until I hit 2 Tbsps.  FYI… that comes out to around 12 little packets.**


Once your yogurt bowl is well mixed, pour it over your fruit mixture.  Once everything is in the same bowl, gently fold everything together, making sure all fruit is coated. 

**Whenever you mix or serve this, be careful not to crush the mandarin oranges.  They are fragile and come apart easily.**


That’s it, you’re done!


Now… you can serve it right away, but I recommend chilling it for at least 30 minutes. **When the yogurt gets too warm, it get soupy.*

I’m so glad that I found this recipe.  Not only does it taste good, but its great for ALL members of the family, even the ones that are watching their calorie intake.

     
  
So don’t worry about being a little greeky! Go ahead and enjoy this great fruity treat.

Until next time…

Happy DIY-ing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment